Austintown Local Schools are proud to offer the students with a well-rounded education. Austintown recognizes that art is a key component to education.
- Students are required to have at least one credit in the Fine Arts for graduation.
- Approximately 42% of the student body will have a class each year in the art department each year.
- We have expanded our course offerings to include Art 1, Art 2, Art 3, Art 4, Design, Clay and Ceramics, Graphic Design and Photography.
- Students participate in, place, and are recognized at three major art shows involving the local, regional and national levels.
- Students are provided with opportunities to apply their skills and abilities in community based activities.
- A high number of our students consistently choose Art Education as their future career.
- Students returning from college report that they were more prepared for their college art classes than their peers from other schools.
- The school has and displays an expanding permanent collection of student art. We have two extracurricular art clubs that are well attended.
Posted on Mon, May 7, 2012
by Stephanie Brinkman filed under